Many homeowners are surprised when they suddenly realize that “perfect” home of just a few years ago no longer suits their needs. From an expanding family to the empty nest, it’s common for a home to no longer be the right fit. If you’re unsure if you’ve reached the point where a move is warranted, here are a few signs you’ve outgrown your home.
More Kids than Rooms or More Rooms than Kids – Whatever your phase is in life, the number of rooms is crucial in making a house a home. If you find your youngest and your oldest bunking together or find yourself crashing on the couch when Grandma comes to town, it might be time to look into something bigger. On the flip side, if you don’t want to have to maintain rooms you never enter or find yourself not going into an entire part of the house for a month, you might be ready to downsize. Outgrowing doesn’t have to mean you acquire more space; it just means you need to move on to the space that’s right for you.
Clutter or Lack of Storage – Are you in a constant state of de-cluttering? No matter how many times you go through your closet, your holiday decorations and the garage you can never seem to get rid of enough. Maybe it’s your space that’s not sparking joy. A new home with more space could be the answer to your storage woes. With upgraded space, there is more availability for you and the things that matter to you.
Home Office – With the telecommuting business booming, you might find yourself working from your dining room table regularly. Instead of getting distracted by any kitchen chaos or finding your phone calls interrupted by the dog barking, it might be time to invest in a home with an extra room for a home office. With peace and quiet, your home office will make it easier to work from home and easier to leave it its allotted room at the end of the day.
Outdoor Entertaining – Over the last couple of decades, home design trends have shifted towards outdoor living and entertaining areas. This is even more critical in the sunshine state of Florida. Whether you enjoy a quiet breakfast on the lanai or having everyone over to cookout for the big game, having an outdoor space is crucial to happiness within your home. Your yard or outdoor living/dining doesn’t seem to be cutting it anymore? Think about adding proper outdoor entertaining areas to the top of your list when you start looking for a new place.
Lifestyle – In theory, the square footage, the number of bathrooms, and the backyard might seem fine, but in practice, you’re starting to think there might be better out there. Lifestyle changes sometimes necessitate a change in space. Outgrowing a home can be as simple as wanting an updated kitchen, more natural light or a single-story home. Your home should work for you; you shouldn’t have to work for your home.
Your reasons for moving will be as unique as you are, but these are just a few considerations, which indicate you might have outgrown your current home. Don’t let the need for change scare you though; HOMM Real Estate Services is here to help with all of your buying and selling needs in the Brandon, Riverview, Valrico and Tampa-bay area. Life changes and our homes must change along with them. The best part of outgrowing something is fitting perfectly into whatever comes next. Call HOMM Real Estate Services today at 813-684-5954 and we’ll help you make your best move yet.
HOMM Real Estate Services, located in the Brandon, Florida area of Tampa-Bay focused to Hillsborough, Pasco and Polk Counties. As a full-service general real estate company, we specialize in general real estate, home buyers, home sellers, new home construction, rentals, tenants and landlords and property management. Learn more about Marie Negron, her team and HOMM Real Estate Services. Call 813-684-5954 or email email@example.com to get started.
Tampa has so many master-planned communities, new and existing, that sometimes it seems overwhelming to count how many, or figure out which one is right for you. While the community might not seem as important as the size of the kitchen or the space of the backyard, the planned community around the home is just as critical to the quality of life as the home itself. How to decide between one community or another? Here are the most popular community amenities in 2019.
• Parks and Green Space – Topping the list of desired amenities is green space. Studies show that as home buyers seek smaller square footage, they also are seeking outdoor space from the neighborhood. The parks are for all family members: two- and four-legged! Those communities with parks for multiple ages plus dedicated dog parks top the popularity list. In Florida, green space is crucial. What’s the point in living in the sunshine state, if you don’t get to enjoy it?
• Trail Systems – Along the same lines, nearly perfect weather all year long means that green space might not just cut it. Trails throughout the community mean an easy way to get outdoors whether you are walking, hiking or biking. Home buyers are interested in both paved and natural trails. Trails around bodies of water are always a bonus.
• Resort Style Pool and Clubs – The days of tiny community pools are over. Pools and their accompanying clubhouses should be central components of community living. With homebuyers looking to participate in the community a bit more, pools and clubhouses have had to up their game. Community pools should be like a mini-vacation with resort-style swimming, towel service and any level of catering kitchen, food and beverage or snack bar are all worthy of a 5-star review.
• World Class Gyms and Courts – Why keep the resort standards just to the pool? Exercise rooms, gyms and courts are essential to community living. Hitting a world-class gym should be as easy as heading to the community center.
• Main Street Village Centers – In the past, buyers wanted their community to be in close proximity to all their necessities. Nowadays, developers are expected to have those daily necessities readily available. Artfully designing the shopping area to include a main street feel is a huge plus to home buyers.
Lifestyle is a complete package. No matter what kind of living you’re looking for in Florida, community is everything. Instead of getting overwhelmed by options, call HOMM Real Estate Services! We have 25+ years as Tampa REALTORS® and residents. We know all about the existing and up and coming neighborhoods as well as the quality of amenities offered. You don't have to be looking for your needle in the haystack of Tampa-bay area communities when you have HOMM Real Estate Services. We are Helping Others Make Moves, it’s what we do.
HOMM Real Estate Services, located in the Brandon, Florida area of Tampa-Bay focused to Hillsborough, Pasco and Polk Counties. As a full-service general real estate company, we specialize in general real estate, home buyers, home sellers, new home construction, rentals, tenants and landlords and property management.
Learn more about Marie Negron, her team and HOMM Real Estate Services. Call 813-684-5954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Although it’s only the beginning of October, the holidays are coming much sooner than you might think. Halloween, for one, is only a few weeks away! You might think that now is not the time to buy or sell but we are here to give you some tips and dispel any myths.
Buying during Autumn
You might think all the homes for sale would be sold by the first cooler evening. But in reality, many homes do not sell by the time school starts. They tend to linger on the market into early fall months. Plus, they could be at a deep discount after being on the market all summer. Moreover, there are plenty of fresh houses on the market with sellers looking to put up a sold sign before the even slower winter months. What is your biggest strength? There are fewer buyers out searching; meaning you should have more options and more leverage. Autumn can be the perfect time to buy a home if you play it right. To make sure you’re ready, follow these few steps:
• Be prepared. Fall home buyers should be ready to move when they find the right home at the right price. Get prequalified so that you can jump at the right opportunity.
• Establish a price range and stick to it. Because the market tends to see seasonal slow-downs, you and your Realtor have more opportunity to make your money go even further than it would in the busy months.
• Notice the imperfections. With hurricane season and rain every day, homes can show their scars. Look for evidence of water intrusion and evaluate the yard debris. Imperfections in the gutters or ceiling will become more apparent and there will be no surprises.
• Visit the local school. With school back in session, you can see everything a school has to offer and how everything runs. This is also a good time to visit and ask questions from teachers and administrators. They are fresh from the summer and prepared to answer any and all questions.
• This last one might seem contradictory but, wait for winter if necessary. Buyers all but evaporate in the winter months, so while the competition seems low in the fall wait for the right home to come along; even if it’s in January.
On the flip side, selling during fall and into the holiday season isn’t as difficult as you might think. The holiday season seems distant at the moment; but in reality, as soon as you’re taking cobwebs and the candy bowl down, you’ll have a gorgeous wreath to put up. Many home sellers are concerned it’s the wrong time to list their homes. In reality, your home shines a little brighter in the holiday season. Your home is all dressed up in its holiday bests; meaning the buyer will feel more emotionally tied to it. There is no need to wait for the hectic New Year selling season to list. There are benefits to selling now!
• Lower Inventory – Conventional wisdom attempts to say taking your home off the market and waiting until spring is the best way to sell. In reality, with less competition on the market, your home will stand out to buyers and you’ll be able to negotiate a price that works for both of you.
• Your competition is distracted – While most people are cozying up with a Pumpkin Spice Latte or out trying to find the best deals during holiday shopping, you’ll be able to sell your house with the ability to focus on your own sale and not worry about what everyone else is doing.
• Serious Buyers – Similarly to distracted competition, most buyers are pausing their home search. While that seems counterintuitive, in reality, the buyers that are shopping for a home mean business. Moving is not fun at any time of the year, but the holidays are especially complicated. The holidays are a time to relax and enjoy family and friends. Buyers willing to seriously shop during the most wonderful time of the year are absolutely serious about purchasing a home. In real estate, studies show that if a buyer is out looking for a new home during these months, they have a reason to move which tends to create better offers.
• Interest Rates are still Low – Traditionally, Interest Rates stay on the lower end during the holiday season. The New Year looms and no one knows what is coming; so you can rely on a consistently lower interest rate.
In conclusion, whether you want to buy during autumn or sell during the holidays, HOMM Real Estate Services can help. From finding you either the best buyer or home for sale in a slower market to negotiating the price you not only need but want, HOMM Real Estate Services will make sure you are taken care of all throughout the season.
HOMM Real Estate Services, located in the Brandon, Florida area of Tampa-Bay focused to Hillsborough, Pasco, and Polk Counties. As a full-service general real estate company, we specialize in general real estate, home buyers, home sellers, new home construction, rentals, tenants and landlords, and property management. Learn more about Marie Negron, her team and HOMM Real Estate Services. Call 813-684-5954 or email email@example.com to get started.
Search the Internet
We use the internet for just about everything. From recipes to how-to videos to even asking Alexa or Siri the weather; we live in the information age. The internet offers advice on just about every topic imaginable and real estate is no exception. You’re even reading this blog via the internet! More and more home buyers are starting their home search online and it can be easy to think you can learn everything from a few Google searches. While the web has plenty of resources to help with your home search, there is a simple truth that the internet cannot replace your agent.
The reality is that your real estate agent does so much more than answer your questions and open doors with a particular key. The real estate profession has been around for a long time and no technological developments can make expertise obsolete. A professional real estate agent will be there every single step of the way. The right agent for you has the background knowledge you need, but more importantly the experience necessary to navigate the complicated home buying process and solve any common hiccups that come up regularly in the home buying process. Not to mention, having seen many hiccups before, they solve problems quickly, with no internet search needed.
Just like Alexa cannot be a substitute for real human connection, the internet cannot have the same connections that your real estate agent does. Your real estate agent is a local professional. They’ll start by presenting themselves to buyer’s agents as someone who will work with them to see the transaction through to a successful conclusion for all parties involved. Think about it, your real estate agent has made a career out of closing deals. Moreover, Realtors® have a network of local professionals who understand the market to work as a team to help you through the process. These include such professionals as: lenders, title reps, escrow officers, transaction coordinators, home inspectors, contractors, and handymen, among others.
Most importantly, your agent is your ally and point person in the home buying process. They negotiate on your behalf – armed with experience and understanding of customary charges, costs, and terms. They will ensure that the price you pay for the home is fair for the condition and neighborhood. They will negotiate repairs, if needed, and make sure you are protected with the proper contingencies. Your agent has your best interests in mind and will make sure every aspect of your home buying process runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Internet is great for many things from Pinterest inspiration for fixing your phone to even read up on the real estate market in your town. While the web offers lots of great information, the most important step you can take when buying a new home is hiring a local professional real estate agent. Their knowledge and expertise can’t be found by reading an article or two online.
HOMM Real Estate Services, located in the Brandon, Florida area of Tampa-Bay focused to Hillsborough, Pasco, and Polk Counties. As a full-service general real estate company, we specialize in general real estate, home buyers, home sellers, new home construction, rentals, tenants and landlords, and property management.
Learn more about Marie Negron, her team and HOMM Real Estate Services. Call 813-684-5954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.