Although it’s only the beginning of October, the holidays are coming much sooner than you might think. Halloween, for one, is only a few weeks away! You might think that now is not the time to buy or sell but we are here to give you some tips and dispel any myths.
Buying during Autumn
You might think all the homes for sale would be sold by the first cooler evening. But in reality, many homes do not sell by the time school starts. They tend to linger on the market into early fall months. Plus, they could be at a deep discount after being on the market all summer. Moreover, there are plenty of fresh houses on the market with sellers looking to put up a sold sign before the even slower winter months. What is your biggest strength? There are fewer buyers out searching; meaning you should have more options and more leverage. Autumn can be the perfect time to buy a home if you play it right. To make sure you’re ready, follow these few steps:
• Be prepared. Fall home buyers should be ready to move when they find the right home at the right price. Get prequalified so that you can jump at the right opportunity.
• Establish a price range and stick to it. Because the market tends to see seasonal slow-downs, you and your Realtor have more opportunity to make your money go even further than it would in the busy months.
• Notice the imperfections. With hurricane season and rain every day, homes can show their scars. Look for evidence of water intrusion and evaluate the yard debris. Imperfections in the gutters or ceiling will become more apparent and there will be no surprises.
• Visit the local school. With school back in session, you can see everything a school has to offer and how everything runs. This is also a good time to visit and ask questions from teachers and administrators. They are fresh from the summer and prepared to answer any and all questions.
• This last one might seem contradictory but, wait for winter if necessary. Buyers all but evaporate in the winter months, so while the competition seems low in the fall wait for the right home to come along; even if it’s in January.
On the flip side, selling during fall and into the holiday season isn’t as difficult as you might think. The holiday season seems distant at the moment; but in reality, as soon as you’re taking cobwebs and the candy bowl down, you’ll have a gorgeous wreath to put up. Many home sellers are concerned it’s the wrong time to list their homes. In reality, your home shines a little brighter in the holiday season. Your home is all dressed up in its holiday bests; meaning the buyer will feel more emotionally tied to it. There is no need to wait for the hectic New Year selling season to list. There are benefits to selling now!
• Lower Inventory – Conventional wisdom attempts to say taking your home off the market and waiting until spring is the best way to sell. In reality, with less competition on the market, your home will stand out to buyers and you’ll be able to negotiate a price that works for both of you.
• Your competition is distracted – While most people are cozying up with a Pumpkin Spice Latte or out trying to find the best deals during holiday shopping, you’ll be able to sell your house with the ability to focus on your own sale and not worry about what everyone else is doing.
• Serious Buyers – Similarly to distracted competition, most buyers are pausing their home search. While that seems counterintuitive, in reality, the buyers that are shopping for a home mean business. Moving is not fun at any time of the year, but the holidays are especially complicated. The holidays are a time to relax and enjoy family and friends. Buyers willing to seriously shop during the most wonderful time of the year are absolutely serious about purchasing a home. In real estate, studies show that if a buyer is out looking for a new home during these months, they have a reason to move which tends to create better offers.
• Interest Rates are still Low – Traditionally, Interest Rates stay on the lower end during the holiday season. The New Year looms and no one knows what is coming; so you can rely on a consistently lower interest rate.
In conclusion, whether you want to buy during autumn or sell during the holidays, HOMM Real Estate Services can help. From finding you either the best buyer or home for sale in a slower market to negotiating the price you not only need but want, HOMM Real Estate Services will make sure you are taken care of all throughout the season.
HOMM Real Estate Services, located in the Brandon, Florida area of Tampa-Bay focused to Hillsborough, Pasco, and Polk Counties. As a full-service general real estate company, we specialize in general real estate, home buyers, home sellers, new home construction, rentals, tenants and landlords, and property management. Learn more about Marie Negron, her team and HOMM Real Estate Services. Call 813-684-5954 or email email@example.com to get started.
Search the Internet
We use the internet for just about everything. From recipes to how-to videos to even asking Alexa or Siri the weather; we live in the information age. The internet offers advice on just about every topic imaginable and real estate is no exception. You’re even reading this blog via the internet! More and more home buyers are starting their home search online and it can be easy to think you can learn everything from a few Google searches. While the web has plenty of resources to help with your home search, there is a simple truth that the internet cannot replace your agent.
The reality is that your real estate agent does so much more than answer your questions and open doors with a particular key. The real estate profession has been around for a long time and no technological developments can make expertise obsolete. A professional real estate agent will be there every single step of the way. The right agent for you has the background knowledge you need, but more importantly the experience necessary to navigate the complicated home buying process and solve any common hiccups that come up regularly in the home buying process. Not to mention, having seen many hiccups before, they solve problems quickly, with no internet search needed.
Just like Alexa cannot be a substitute for real human connection, the internet cannot have the same connections that your real estate agent does. Your real estate agent is a local professional. They’ll start by presenting themselves to buyer’s agents as someone who will work with them to see the transaction through to a successful conclusion for all parties involved. Think about it, your real estate agent has made a career out of closing deals. Moreover, Realtors® have a network of local professionals who understand the market to work as a team to help you through the process. These include such professionals as: lenders, title reps, escrow officers, transaction coordinators, home inspectors, contractors, and handymen, among others.
Most importantly, your agent is your ally and point person in the home buying process. They negotiate on your behalf – armed with experience and understanding of customary charges, costs, and terms. They will ensure that the price you pay for the home is fair for the condition and neighborhood. They will negotiate repairs, if needed, and make sure you are protected with the proper contingencies. Your agent has your best interests in mind and will make sure every aspect of your home buying process runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Internet is great for many things from Pinterest inspiration for fixing your phone to even read up on the real estate market in your town. While the web offers lots of great information, the most important step you can take when buying a new home is hiring a local professional real estate agent. Their knowledge and expertise can’t be found by reading an article or two online.
HOMM Real Estate Services, located in the Brandon, Florida area of Tampa-Bay focused to Hillsborough, Pasco, and Polk Counties. As a full-service general real estate company, we specialize in general real estate, home buyers, home sellers, new home construction, rentals, tenants and landlords, and property management.
Learn more about Marie Negron, her team and HOMM Real Estate Services. Call 813-684-5954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.