October 30th, 2019 9:35 PM by Marie Negron, Owner
Whether you’ve been looking for a new home for a long time and have finally found the right one or a home you’ve had your eye on has recently been put on the market; you’ve just decided on your dream home. Knowing exactly what you want is an exciting prospect. You feel confident in your decision. Plus, you can already envision where the couch will go and the art you want to hang. Before running away with a fantasy, you have to sit down and write the offer. You have made this terrific decision, but now you have to deal with the logistics. You might ask yourself what you can do to ensure the seller is impressed with your offer and while cold hard cash might be ideal, very few of us are lottery winners. Fortunately, there are still great ways to ensure the seller takes your offer seriously and improve your chance of acceptance. Here are our top 5 ways to make your offer stand out.
1. Pre-Approval Letter – A pre-approval means your lender has run all the numbers and gathered all the documentation necessary to close the loan. Having pre-approval shows the home sellers that you are serious about the offer and ready to move when prompted. Unsure how to go about getting pre-approved? Talk to your agent about the resources you need and they’ll connect you to the right lender.
2. Contingency Removals – There are certain contingencies in place that are necessary for both physical and financial safety. Don’t remove any contingency that could put you at risk. There are plenty of contingencies though you can safely remove. By removing those or shortening the contingency periods, you’ll provide peace of mind to the sellers, thus making your offer more favorable. Again, your agent is in your court and has the experience to understand the pros and cons of all the contingencies.
3. Sell Your Home First – Nothing says serious offer quite like having your home sold. If a buyer still needs to sell their home, sellers can take that as a red flag. Especially if a buyer needs to sell their own home before closing. Sell before you write the offer whenever possible.
4. Escrow Period – In buying and selling timing is everything. Work with the right agent who will know how to present your offer, and will understand if a longer or shorter escrow period is needed based on the seller’s moving needs.
5. Win-Win – Most importantly, show the seller that you want to create a win-win situation for you both. Negotiations will happen, but if you avoid seeming unreasonable or demanding, you’ll be making an offer they can’t refuse.
While the price is always important to the home seller, there are other valuable concessions or offers which can mean as much. Have you found the “Right Realtor” to work with? One who knows how to negotiate the most beneficial real estate deal for you. Look no further than the expert agents at HOMM Real Estate Services, who view the transaction as a win for all sides and learn what’s important to the seller before you write the offer. By accommodating their needs as much as possible, you are more likely to have your offer accepted. Thus, making your buying easy as pie.
HOMM Real Estate Services, located in the Brandon, Florida area of Tampa-Bay focused to Hillsborough, Pasco, and Polk Counties. As a full-service general real estate company, we specialize in general real estate, home buyers, home sellers, new home construction, rentals, tenants and landlords, and property management.
Learn more about Marie Negron, her team and HOMM Real Estate Services. Call 813-684-5954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.